Wednesday, June 13, 2012

In The Pink


Just had to share a few images from my latest photo-shoot at the Morrow Farm near Rockland, Pennsylvania.  Katie Morrow found me on facebook, after a mutual friend told her that a local artist was looking for some piglets to photograph.


Standing tall at the end of a long country lane, the Morrow's lovely century-old farmhouse has a spectacular view of the surrounding countryside - rolling farmland, and the woodsy tree-line beyond.



There's a real thrill in visiting a working farm, especially for a city-girl raised in the suburbs.  Katie Morrow couldn't have been more gracious, as she guided me through a series of barns and sheds on the property, introducing me to pigs and piglets of various breeds and ages.


Left alone in the nursery with my camera and several dozen piglets, I hoped to capture something worthy of the skittish little critters before me.  Wary at first, the piglets huddled instinctively in the far corner of the pen - their oversized pink ears pricked at attention.

I balanced my camera lens on the chest-high wall of the pen and stood there waiting, as one by one, the curious among them ventured out of the shadows and into my viewfinder, CLICK - CLICK - CLICK.

I left the farm satisfied I'd given the piglets my best shot, and once more gratified by the warm, hospitality of my country neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment