Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Country Flowers at a City Wedding

Tossed my pink Wellies aside this weekend, in favor of my black-patent-heels, and a trip into town.

But, leave it to me to find a little bit of country, at this weekend's city wedding.


The blushing bride was beautiful, her dress - devine - but the bridal bouquet was what really caught my eye!

What a great idea, pairing the soft, frilly peonies, with the sharply textured artichokes. I LOVE it!

In the studio, I couldn't resist pairing the image with a YUMMY, lemony, watercolored texture (above).  Looks like something you'd find in an English country cottage!


Later in the ceremony, the happy couple placed this precious little bouquet at the altar of the Blessed Mother.  

Once again, my country-eye zoomed right in on the sweet little primroses, tulips and ranunculus.  


I liked this image so well, that I processed it twice - once with a light, linen texture (center photo) and a second time with Kim Klasson's, "awaken" (directly above).  Which do you like better?

No comments:

Post a Comment