Friday, March 9, 2012

Debbie's Little Red Hen


The elusive chicken!  I'd finally caught one - captured, and secured within my camera. 

I'd been chasing chickens for almost a year, trying to get just the right photo, or series of photos, with no luck. 


Now, here I was, eyeball to eyeball with Debbie's-little-red-hen!  



Debbie, and her husband Art, the owners of my favorite little antique-boutique, the Gingersnap Junction, had graciously invited me to tour their beautifully restored historic home, and hobby farm.  I jumped at the chance!


I knew there'd be chickens, and a baby goat as well, but didn't hold much hope for the fussy old hens.

Upon my arrival, I made a half-hearted effort - briefly chasing the chickens across the barnyard, before they fled into the woods and out of my sight - sigh - eluded again!


When my visit was over, I said my good-byes, climbed into the Jeep and slowly backed down the drive.


That's when I spied them, only a few feet from my passenger door.


At first, I tried not to make eye contact, but that little red hen knew exactly what I was up to. 

And, to my surprise, she strutted, and clucked, she posed and paraded.  Proud as a peahen, she made love to my lens - Debbie's little-red-hen.

All images on this site, or linked to this site, are the exclusive property of Farm Fresh Photography, and cannot be used on-line, copied, or reproduced in any way, without our permission.  Country With Attitude, is a registered trademark of Farm Fresh Photography.  

No comments:

Post a Comment